The Advanced 300-hour Yoga Teacher Training program is open to individuals who have successfully completed a 200-hour foundational yoga teacher training. If joining from another 200 hour program, students are required to complete our Basics of Advanced teacher training prerequisite. The 300-hour curriculum is designed to deepen and enrich the students’ experience both as practitioners of yoga and as teachers. In turn, graduates will enter the yoga industry with the skills and confidence to create a successful and sustained career as a yoga teacher. Entering the burgeoning yoga industry is a very desirable and popular career choice and this comprehensive, well regarded training gives graduates a substantial leg up in a profession that is becoming increasingly selective.
Students enrolled in this intensive program will build upon and develop further their teaching skills, embarking upon a powerful journey that offers multi-faceted and cohesive transformation. VSOHA’s advanced yoga training offers an opportunity and education that gives participants access to both the personal and the applied trajectories of advanced yoga, as well as defining in depth the tools that facilitate truly exceptional teaching.
Teachers will expand their understanding of the many facets of the tradition, including the development of a intermediate/advanced practice based on an in depth knowledge and application of yogic philosophy, advanced pranayama & kriya techniques, deep meditation, therapeutic biomechanics and alignment principles, skillful sequencing, and elegantly refined movement.
With the guidance of some of Canada’s most highly acclaimed senior teachers sharing their expert knowledge and teachings, our faculty offers students continuing in their training an embodied connection to the rich tradition of Yoga: one in which they feel empowered to develop their own style and programs. The training includes in depth exploration and personal coaching designed to give students a comprehensive knowledge base from which to utilize their authentic voice, build their teaching skills, develop a community and tap into their unique gifts.
- Elements of exceptional teaching and studentship
- Creating sacred space and setting solid ground
- Alignment and refinement principles applicable to hatha and vinyasa styles of practice
- Advanced meditation, pranayama, kriya, mantra, mudra
- Theming & the economy and art of language
- Private yoga: working with the individual therapeutically
- In depth anatomy and physiology exploring yoga asana in action
- Deep study of the richness and relevance of the Bhagavad Gita, The Yoga Sutras and The Pratjabhijna Hridyam
- The power of storytelling and myth: the teacher as storyteller
- Trauma-sensitive language & considerations
- The subtle body and the chakra system
- Elemental wisdom and ritual
- The gods & goddesses of Indian mythology: the divine masculine and the divine feminine
- The business of yoga: goal-setting, marketing and creating signature programs