Affiliations & Qualifications
The Education Quality Assurance (EQA) designation is given to public and private institutions in B.C. that meet or exceed quality assurance standards set by the province of B.C.
Benefits of EQA
- Showcases recognizable trademark and standard that represents quality in education
- Protects and promotes B.C.’s reputation for quality post-secondary education – both locally and internationally
- Makes it easy for students to identify post-secondary institutions that offer quality learning experiences
Private Training Institutions Branch
Private training institutions in BC are regulated by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB), its mandate is to:
- Ensure Institutions meet the requirements and standards for certification;
- Maintaining a Private Training Institution Directory of all certified institutions and the programs they provide, along with formerly certified institutions;
- Providing student protection and overseeing the Student Tuition Protection Fund.
The Vancouver School of Healing Arts (formerly the Vancouver School of Bodywork and Massage) is a Designated Institution with PTIB.
The North American Studio Alliance (NAMASTA) believes in the following principles. Openness:
- to any studio, practice, retreat, school, association, academy, owner, manager, teacher, enthusiast;
- to any any mind-body and movement therapy tradition, including yoga, pilates, tai chi, qigong; any bodywork and massage technique, including massage therapy, touch therapy, the Feldenkrais Method, the Alexander Technique, Reiki, Shiatsu, Rolfing and similar approaches;
- to any idea and suggestion on how NAMASTA can serve the wellness community better.
A designated learning institution (DLI) is a school approved by a provincial or territorial government to host international students.
To apply for a study permit in Canada, you need an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution. Our DLI number is: 0119520583361. Once you have applied and been accepted into your program of choice you may apply for a study permit using our DLI.