Restorative YTT – Level 2
20 hour Yoga Alliance Continuing Education
Building on Fundamentals of Restorative Yoga Teacher Training, this 20 hour YA Continuing Education program is designed for yoga teachers and bodywork practitioners who have completed our Fundamentals Program.
You will learn to apply posture and sequences in a more refined way, for an array of health challenges and benefits.
You will also dive deeper into the art of facilitating conscious rest in students and clients with the use of props, breathwork, relaxation techniques and easeful positioning.
- Dates TBD
- Friday 5pm-9pm, Saturday & Sunday 9am-6pm
- 20 in class hours
- Textbook: Relax and Renew by Judith Lasater (Not provided)
- Prerequisite: A 200hr YTT or accredited bodywork program & Minimum of 20hrs of prior Restorative YTT training
- $375 Tuition + GST
- $325 Tuition + GST (for Restorative Foundations graduates/registrants)
- Restorative yoga in the modern world: Why we need it, how to apply it.
- Sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system: Vagal nerve theory and more
- The effects of restorative yoga on mind and body
- Classic restorative yoga poses applied for specific effect
- How to skillfully use props for optimal support and rest
- Classroom set up and organization
- Restorative pranayama, meditation and relaxation techniques
- Basics of Yoga Nidra
- Refinement of assists for deepened rest
- Specific observation skills to assist common misalignments that counter conscious rest
- Sequencing the restorative yoga practice for specific needs
- Practice teaching one-on-one and in small groups
- Practice sequencing and teaching a short restorative session for a specific need.
Instructor: Rebekka Walker
Rebekka has been working in groups and one on one as a Yoga Therapist, Yoga Teacher Trainer and meditation guide for over 16 years. She holds a Yoga Alliance E-RYT 500 certification, and was formerly accredited as a CYT 1000 with The International Association of Yoga Therapists, utilizing a background in Iyengar, Vinyasa, Restorative, Anusara Yoga, & over 2500 hours of teacher training in these methods.
As the Program Director of VSOHA’s 200/240 hour & 300 hour advanced Yoga Teacher Training programs; and internationally through her unique trainings; Rebekka has developed a reputation as a teacher of teachers for over a decade. Her lifelong study and exploration of tantric and buddhist philosophy, Ayurveda, holistic healing and therapeutic bio mechanics, informs all aspects of her life and her teaching. With a focus on alignment and inspiration, the alchemy of Rebekka’s programs is relevant and revelatory.
Tuition is fully refundable until one week prior to the course at which point no refunds will be made. If a student is unable to attend for any reason, payment received will be kept on file as a credit and can be used for any other VSOHA bodywork and massage program or course within one year.