Meditative Rituals for Living Well
16 hour Yoga Alliance Continuing Education
We all hold the potential for an easeful mind. We can all tap into our capacities to be more kind, to heal, to be present: to experience wellness in body, mind and heart. Yet we only use a small fraction of the potential we have.
That’s what meditation is about: to nurture and cultivate the qualities we hold within that lay dormant. To develop these skills to the best of our own potential, so that we can ease the mind and live well.
This course is open to everyone: whether you are seeking to learn to meditate or are a yoga teacher looking to stabilize your own meditation practice and learn supportive techniques to pass along.
- Dates TBD
- 9am – 6pm
- 16 in class hours
- Prerequisite: None
- $325 Tuition + GST
- The history and practice of meditation
- Sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system: enacting the relaxation response
- The basics of Neuroplasticity: how meditation changes your brain
- Brain wave cycles: how to stabilize your mind frame
- How, when and where to practice meditation
- The effects meditation on mind and body
- An in depth practice of various meditative techniques from around the world
- Meditative Ritual for everyday life (otherwise known as mindfulness)
- Breathwork to support and amplify your meditation
- Mantra & Mudra to support and amplify your meditation
- A 6 week home practice outline
- A supportive online community to ask questions in a private Facebook group
- 2 live online group follow up sessions with Rebekka at week 3 & 6
Instructor: Rebekka Walker
Rebekka has been working in groups and one on one as a Yoga Therapist, Yoga Teacher Trainer and meditation guide for over 16 years. She holds a Yoga Alliance E-RYT 500 certification, and was formerly accredited as a CYT 1000 with The International Association of Yoga Therapists, utilizing a background in Iyengar, Vinyasa, Restorative, Anusara Yoga, & over 2500 hours of teacher training in these methods.
As the Program Director of VSOHA’s 200/240 hour & 300 hour advanced Yoga Teacher Training programs; and internationally through her unique trainings; Rebekka has developed a reputation as a teacher of teachers for over a decade. Her lifelong study and exploration of tantric and buddhist philosophy, Ayurveda, holistic healing and therapeutic bio mechanics, informs all aspects of her life and her teaching. With a focus on alignment and inspiration, the alchemy of Rebekka’s programs is relevant and revelatory.
No prerequisites. Tuition must be paid in full at the time of registration.
Tuition is fully refundable until one week prior to the course at which point no refunds will be made. If a student is unable to attend for any reason, payment received will be kept on file as a credit and can be used for any other VSOHA bodywork and massage program or course within one year.