Vancouver School of Healing Arts REQUEST INFO INFO SESSION APPLY

Contact Us

280 – 1125 Howe St

Bodywork Therapy Program

What’s the difference between an RMT and a Bodyworker? Does your school offer an RMT program?

RMT programs tend to focus on a systematic diagnostic approach to massage, whereas we offer a holistic Bodywork Therapy program with a mind-body perspective. We do not offer an RMT program.

Can I work internationally?

Absolutely! Many of our graduates work all over the world, including in the USA, Caribbean, Europe, Asia, Central America and Australia. Graduates are required to check provincial and city by-laws to determine what is required to practice as a bodyworker.

Read: Where Our Grads Have Been Hired

How much can I make after I graduate?

The range of pay for bodywork therapists will vary significantly depending on your place of work and experience. As a starting wage at a local day spa, graduates can expect to make an average of $35 per 60 minute massage + gratuities while a starting wage at heliski lodge will start at $55 per 60 minute massage. Variations occur based on the property, its location and its sector in the spa industry.

Where do students work after they graduate?

The world is your oyster! Some of the places our graduates are employed include: Spas, hotels, ski resorts, fishing lodges, retreat centres, sporting events, cruise ships, recovery and treatment centres, massage studios and mobile massage services. Many also run their own successful bodywork practices (consult local/municipal business licensing regulations).

Read: Where Our Grads Have Been Hired

How much is the program?

The total cost of the program, inclusive of applications fee, tuition, text and supplies, and student record archiving is $11,835 for domestic students and $12,105.00 for international students. Please note, tuition prices are subject to change. Read more about Tuition, Fees and Financial Assistance.

Is everything included in the tuition? Or do I have to buy supplies?

Students are only expected to supply their own linen (towels, sheets and pillow cases) to use throughout the course. More information will be provided in the student handbook prior to the start of the program.

Can I get a student loan for this program? If so, how much?

Government funded student loans are available for the Bodywork Therapy Program. The amount will depend on your personal financial circumstances and will be assessed by Student Aid BC or your provincial loan office. VSOHA may provide financing. Eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis.

As an International student, do I need a study permit?

International Students are required to apply for a student Visa. Please apply to the program first. Once accepted you must apply for a study permit using our DLI number: O119520583361

Where are you located?

Our studios are located in downtown Vancouver. The school is accessible by public transit from anywhere in the Lower Mainland. The address is: 280-1125 Howe St, Vancouver, BC, V6Z 2K8

Is parking available?

Unfortunately we don’t have a student-designated lot. However, there are lots of parking garages close to the school.

  • Impark – 1110 Howe Street , Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1R2
  • Impark – 773 Helmcken St, Vancouver, BC, V6Z 2T2

What are the prerequisites?

Please read our admissions requirements for information on our prerequisites.

How many people are in each class?

Our class sizes typically range from 15-20 students. Classes are capped at a maximum of 26 students, to ensure an intimate and personal learning environment.

Do I get to actually do massages while I’m in class?

Yes! Students will have hands on experience in every class and will receive and give massages almost every day.