Updated: April 21, 2022
Vancouver School of Healing Arts (VSOHA) is committed to keeping its students, staff, and faculty as safe as possible while COVID-19 remains a risk in British Columbia. VSOHA will follow the guidelines, recommendations, and requirements of the Ministry of Advanced Education, the Provincial Medical Officer, Work BC, and other governing or regulatory bodies that the college is subject to. The college will communicate clearly on-site requirements and any other requirements that students, staff, and visitors need to adhere to.
- All individuals on school premises are encouraged to wear masks according to their comfort levels. Students or faculty that have higher health risk factors, are encouraged to continue to wear masks while on campus.
- Individuals who do not wish to wear masks will not be required to do so.
- We MUST respect individual choice now that we are moving to this step; those that wish to wear masks should be respected while those that do not wish to wear masks should also be respected. We must always practice compassion for others, even if they do not feel the same way we do about Covid-19.
- If you feel any Covid-19 like symptoms, including a fever, cough, dizziness, fatigue, etc., please do not come to the campus; instead, communicate directly with your Program Director for any missed classes and/or assignments.
- If you have any contagious illness, e.g., influenza, etc., please do not come to the campus and contact your Program Director.
- Antigen rapid tests are available for free from reception. Do not wait until you are ill to get one; instead, please drop by reception to pick one up so you have one handy. If you feel ill, test yourself.
- If you contract Covid-19, you must follow the province’s protocol for isolation and not come to class even if you feel symptom-free. Remain isolated for the full duration of the province’s requirements, and then once the required period is over and you are symptom-free, please return to class.
- All sanitization rules remain in place. Please use sanitizer when you enter the campus and every time you leave the classroom and prior to returning to the school or your classroom.
We feel if we follow these important steps, we will continue to protect each other as best we can. Please note: if at any point in time we see Covid-19 illnesses increase rapidly among our student or faculty body, or if case counts rapidly increase in the general public resulting in significant increases in health risks to our school community, we reserve the right to take steps to address the issue. In the past this has included a requirement to wear masks indoors and, on a few occasions, has resulted in us shifting learning to online for all students for one week. We hope that we do not need to take these steps in the future but will do so if the need arises.
We greatly appreciate your patience and your cooperation in helping us keep our school community safe. Please reach out to your Program Director or to Brian Parker, our Vice-President, at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Information on COVID-19 and British Columbia’s requirements can be found at B.C.’s Centre for Disease Control Website at: http://www.bccdc.ca/Information about testing for COVID-19 in British Columbia, can be found at: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/testingWhile the below provides a summary of VSOHA’s efforts to protect our students and the public, the college’s detailed Health and Safety Plan for COVID-19 can be found here.