Updated: July 20, 2021
All international students arriving to Canada must adhere to the following steps, in addition to the requirements outlined below.
- Fully vaccinated travellers who are permitted to enter Canada will not be subject to the federal requirement to quarantine or take a COVID-19 test on day-8. Please refer to here for further instructions. This policy comes into effect August 9th for American citizens and permanent residence, and on September 7th for all other travellers.
- To be considered fully vaccinated, a you must have received the full series of a vaccine — or combination of vaccines — accepted by the Government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada
- You still require a quarantine plan, whether you are vaccinated or not, in case your arrival test returns positive and you need to isolate in accordance with public health requirements.
Vancouver School of Healing Arts (VSOHA) is committed to keeping its students, staff, and faculty as safe as possible while COVID-19 remains a risk in British Columbia. VSOHA will follow the guidelines, recommendations, and requirements of the Ministry of Advanced Education, the Provincial Medical Officer, Work BC, and other governing or regulatory bodies that the college is subject to. The college will communicate clearly on-site requirements and any other requirements that students, staff, and visitors need to adhere to.
Information on COVID-19 and British Columbia’s requirements can be found at B.C.’s Centre for Disease Control Website at: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Information about testing for COVID-19 in British Columbia, can be found at: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/testing
While the below provides a summary of VSOHA’s efforts to protect our students and the public, the college’s detailed Health and Safety Plan for COVID-19 can be found here.
On Campus Requirements
- All individuals entering the campus must complete a self assessment. Individuals that have travelled outside of Canada in the previous 14 days, or how have come in contact with anyone who had COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or who are suffering any COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to enter the campus.
- Anyone entering the campus must immediately wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water or clean their hands thoroughly with the sanitizer provided every time they enter the campus. A sanitizing station is located at the entrance of the college. All individuals must also clean their hands thoroughly:
- Immediately after leaving any classroom
- Immediately after having any contact with any individual
- Immediately after re-entering any classroom
- Immediately after using the washroom
- Students and staff are recommended to wear a mask at all times in all public areas including hallways, the kitchen, entry ways, etc. Students and staff are required to supply their own face masks. If a student or staff does not have a mask, one will be supplied to them by the college.
- No visitors are to be brought into VSOHA without permission from senior management.
- If visitors are approved to visit, they must notify reception.
- Each classroom space and public space will be cleaned completely with all high touch surface areas sanitized with cleaner at minimum once per day by our cleaning staff.
- Each class is encouraged to clean any surface touched throughout the day with the cleaning supplies that will be available in every classroom including lamps, tables, chairs, etc.
Personal Care Responsibilities
- Students and staff must cover their mouth and nose when sneezing/coughing.
- Students and staff will need to help clean surfaces they use multiple times a day.
FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT SUSPECT THEY HAVE CONTRACTED COVID-19 or FOR THOSE WHO HAVE CONTRACTED COVID-19:
Any individual who has contracted COVID-19 must wait for a minimum of 14 days as well as wait until they are symptom-free prior to coming to the campus.
- Any individual suspecting that they might have COVID-19 is asked to contact 8-1-1 or visit a testing centre to be tested and ascertain whether they have contracted the virus.