VSOHA’s Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training constitutes 35 Continuing Education Hours with Yoga Alliance.
Empowered Birth: Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
Course Description – Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
Students will learn to confidently support women during their journey into motherhood in this comprehensive Yoga Alliance registered training in pre-natal yoga and conscious birthing with Chantal Russell, E-RYT 500, RHN.
Explore how to weave the teachings of yoga seamlessly into Mother Nature’s blueprint, encouraging women to experience more joy-filled pregnancy, empowered birth and confident post-natal transition.
Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training includes:
- The do’s and don’t of the trimesters & modifications
- How to teach prenatal yoga in a public class
- Pre-Natal Nutrition
- Common discomfort of pregnancy and their remedies
- Structuring & sequencing prenatal classes
- Observation, verbal and manual adjustments
- Hormonal physiology of pregnancy & child birth
- Creating themes to inspire your students
- Meditation and Mantra for pregnancy
- Relaxation techniques to support birth
- Supporting mama and baby after birth
Instructor: Chantal Russell, E-RYT 500, RHN
Chantal is an international yogini, best selling author, holistic nutritionist and ayurvedic wellness consultant. She is passionate about awakening and reclaiming the sacred feminine, creative Shakti power within us all. Whether through yoga and meditation, simple daily ritual, moon gatherings, conscious lifestyle design, curiosity or conversation, her desire is to empower women with practical wisdom.
Chantal believes that well-being comes from aligning to nature and soul, and is ultimately about embodying who you really are. She is the founder and director of The Well, a boutique yoga studio on Bowen Island, British Columbia Canada where she resides; a proud faculty member at the Vancouver School of Healing Arts, and Wellness Director at The Orchard Addiction Recovery Center. When not teaching or writing, she can be found gardening with her husband and son, reading by the fire, or traveling the world in search of good waves, healing foods and nourishing conversation.
- Tuition is paid in full at the time of registration.
- Prerequisite (one of the 3 may apply): 1. Yoga teacher or teacher in training, 2. Professional working with pregnant persons with an established yoga practice, 3. Pregnant individuals
Tuition is fully refundable until one week prior to the course at which point no refunds will be made. If a student is unable to attend for any reason, payment received will be kept on file as a credit and can be used for any other VSOHA bodywork and massage program or course within one year.